Small businesses may qualify for funding to help pay for services such as training workshops, courses and coaching that build the management capabilities of their owners and key managers. Management Capability Development funding is only available through the Regional Business Partner Network (RBP) Growth Advisors and can be used with service providers registered with the RBP Network.
Funding may be provided to a business where the Growth Advisors have identified a need for management training as part of an action plan to support the business owner to grow and innovate their business. Business owners are then able to select a registered service from a registered Service Provider. For more information on the Management Capability Development Fund or to find your local Growth Advisor go to www.regionalbusinesspartners.co.nz
Forum Digital offers services that are registered with the Management Capability Development Fund. Please get in contact if you would like to discuss our coaching service, and/or visit www.regionalbusinesspartners.co.nz for more information.
Some examples of the areas that Forum Digital can Assist
- Goals – goal setting, planning personal growth and business development.
- Growth Strategies and Strategic Planning
- SWOT Analysis
- Competitive Advantage/Opportunity – competitor analysis, identifying key selling proposition
- Targets – setting realistic and measurable targets, ratios and benchmarking.
- Action/Operational Plans – developing action plans to achieve targets.
- Marketing Planning – developing a marketing plan, setting marketing budgets, measuring results.
- Market Targeting/Segmentation
- Promotion/Lead Generation Techniques
- Branding – developing and maintaining a strong brand, using branding to add value to a business.
- E-commerce – e-marketing, strategic use of websites, the Internet and other technology as marketing
tools e.g. better communications, improved market research, lower costs and greater customer
- Organisational Efficiency – setting up efficient office systems, reducing businesses costs through
effective business systems, improving workflow, information technology.
- Operational Systems and Procedures – identifying, setting up and documenting organisation
procedures, retaining “in head” procedures when key staff exit the organisation.
- E-commerce – on-line trading, e-business applications, b-2-b/b-2-c commerce, integration of backroom
systems with front-end.
- Benchmarking – the systematic and continuous process of identifying, learning and adapting best
practices from national and international businesses in the same industry in order to help a business
improve its business performance.